-- mines, everyone loves them! Normal mines. Magnetic mines (slow)? Emp mines (2-4 second disable on land vehicles)?
-- for infantry only! Holds a few people, decent build time (30-45 seconds?) have a max limit? (upgradable to have a weapon, must be filled completely to use an upgraded bunker weapon and prevents units from shooting out when upgraded?)
-- sections made to stop movement for infantry types. Can be run over by heavier vehicles. Can be shot apart. Also max limit?
-- stops vehicles, can be shot apart. Climbable by infantry. Max limit to match or a little under barbwire?
- will they allow different types of mines?
- will it be anti infantry only or anti tank only or just anti ground?
- will the mines do friendly damage (and if so are they activated by friendly troops or not?)?
- will each sapper have a limited number of mines he can place (and how do you restock them, if you can restock?)?
- will the mines cost money?
- will there be a cooldown on the mine ability?
- will the mines only be activated by tanks (as they weigh more)?
-They should def!
-Maybe anti inf and anti veh?
-that...would be awesome!
-maybe ability cool down? after so many it'll need to use another ability with a longer cool down to restock
-I would vote not money, since you're already using troop slots.
-That would tie into number 2
Since we're more or less on the topic of taking some ideas from SG, I feel that the main appeal in that game was some of the less standard more unconventional units which developed really fun playstyles. Those which were not the typical infantry shooting, light tank running, heavy tank tanking etc. and EoN should really take a page out of their book.
Just to name a few - sappers/albatross, appiritions, arbelest/trebuchet, warpigs, and anything that self destructed. I would say organic too, they were fun, but that isn't one for EoN. And these haven't taken into account all the utility Mobile units. oh and spectres ICBM omg
There are many things that can add a whole load of variety into this game, making everything insanely versitile, and I do have high hopes. Looking forward to (hopefully) getting into Beta, seeing you guys in there and most of all, this game's launch